Note no other meetings held in person in 2020:
Cherokee Lake Users Association
March 10, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Called to Order at 6:45 PM
Attending: Donna Dunn, President
Secretary’s Report: Approximately 150 membership renewal forms and letters went out.
- Website and Facebook will be updated
- President –
- We continue to have newspapers/ radio stations in each county to use our name more often. Donna requested everyone to contact her with new ideas, contacts.
- Expand our Facebook Followers. Bobbi to like and possibly add a link to our website on the Care NET – Sierra Club (see https://www.facebook.com/northeasttennesseeteam/ .
- Clean ups for Spring / Fall with TVA
- Work with students for TN Promise hours- / Continuous all year round clean ups.
- Work with Sanitation in counties for free dumpsters
- Contact past and present members has produced income, network to get more members.
- Barrel Program- Donna to call Bruce Mueller
- Water testing Program-Bobbie wants to do testing a Holston Mills. PFAS found up in Hawkins county due to factory emissions. She cannot do Panther Creek inlet, too far.
- Community Events – everyone welcome to set up booths.
- Attend Chamber meetings, Contact Boy scouts, Sierra club. Get CLUA name out there
- Applying for grant funds from TVA
- Vice President Report: no report, George not present
General discussion about Quarry from Bobbi, there has been clear cutting, they are going forward, the blasting starting soon. The slaughterhouse is back in business. Gilmore dock, water testing. Ongoing mess.
- Board Members Reports : Please stay in touch with your local Marina’s, Chambers and newspapers and radio stations.
- Jefferson County – Black Oak/ Cedar Hill Marina’s will continue to support us.
- Hamblen County. – Contact Hamblen Dock to do clean up.
- Hawkins County – Working with WJDT for advertising and promos. Coordinating spring clean-up with Cherokee Campground).. Working with Hawkins County Boy Scouts for clean-ups.
- Grainger County -Contact Gilmore and German Creek for Clean Up dates.
Jim Whiting on Chamber Board now.
Rescue Squad will come to all our clean ups. 2 boats
- Adopt a Barrel Report : Bruce Mueller, Donna to contact
- Treasurer Report
- Full report in April.
- Grant funding from TVA in process.
- Water Sampling – Next meeting before to determine specifics
- Membership –
- New Business
Events as of now
Next Meeting April 14th Please Post in your local newspapers, radio stations, chambers. NOTE NO OTHER MEETINGS HELD 2020
MONTHLY MEETING:2021: 2nd Tuesday of April-May, Sept-Oct. 6:30pm Good Shepherd Lutheran Church on West AJ- across from St Patrick Catholic Church and right next to Sonic. Contact Donna Dunn 631-495-0031 if you can join us. Members needed to keep the Association going. Thank you for your time to look at our website.